Tuesday, November 3, 2009

This Cracker loves some Goldfish Crackers.

I was in the shower shaving my legs, lest I look like Chewbacca, when a little ditty popped into my head. It was a jingle for one of my favorite animal shaped food products (and yes I have multiple favorite animal shaped food products, including Nabisco Classic Candy coated Animal Crackers they are fucking fantastic! ).

It was the old jingle for Gold Fish Crackers -" the snack that smiles back until you bite their heads off". I friggin loved this advertising campaign. I was sad when they shortened it to just "the snack the smiles back", as it is all about biting their heads off!!!!!!

You just know some uptight parent complained that the slogan would turn their little angel into a serial killer. Dude it wasn't the slogan that turned Lil' Johnny into a homicidal maniac, it was the lack of parenting and all the drugs like ADD pills for the kids who don't need it (yes there are who need it, but you know the ones that are getting scripts from doctors only because parents can't discipline their kids or don't care to).

Anyways, I really miss that peppy jingle!

No comments:

Post a Comment