Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I get the power to name a kid?

Now that I am knocked-up, I have been getting alot of questions about what will I name this child. Thanks to the Duggars (of 19 kids and counting) I have been asked what letter are we going with. Well being this is our first child, and most likely last, cause I am not doing this again, I am not sure that we need to pick a letter that will have tons of options for future kids. However we did name our pets with the same letter of "M" and made it a theme. Maybe we should just keep going with that theme for the future kid, I mean why ruin a tradition right?
So the pets names are Mimosa (a kitty that plays fetch) and Marteeny (my brain damaged dog).
So with the letter "M" and alcohol theme we have tons of choices for our sweet bundle of joy.

If it is a girl we like the following:

Margarita, kinda common though.

Merlot, sounds all fancy like, don't it?

Midori (which means Melon in Japanese so we get bonus points for international flair)

MaiTai, but that sounds kinda slutty to me.

If it is a boy we like the following:
Mojito, aka Mo

Manischewitz (but then we would have to make sure the baby had a circumcision to keep kosher)

Mezcal, which would be awesome cause we could nickname the kid "the worm".

Michelob, but then some kid name Budweiser might beat him up.

Mad Dog 20/20, that would be awesome, especially if he followed in his parents academic prowess and became Valedictorian and the principal had to say that name in front of all the other kids named Micheal and Mary and their parents.

Well hopefully I can make a good decision when the time comes to sign the birth certificate.

2 comments:

  1. I'm McLovin' those names, El! LOL! By the way, it's Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mezcal wins, and I think it's pretty androgynous.
    Adding an "-ita" would totally femme it up.


    That said, Midori is the name of a famousish radical sex educator and Japanese bondage artist and I reeeally like the idea of a baby named after her.

    ReplyDelete